Many people have used the FRP panels for shower walls since they are easy to install. Besides, the materials are durable and water-resistant. They can also be installed in several areas around the bathroom. What makes them popular is because they have become a new trend. Bathroom walls look beautiful without painting. Well, FRP panels only require a little maintenance.
FRP is Fiberglass-Reinforced Plastic, consisting of adhesives, resins, and fiberglass reinforcement materials that are combined to get the specific appearance, according to your needs. The main use is for the walls and ceilings. With the materials in FRP panels, they are easier for those areas to stay clean and maintained. The consideration of using FRP is on the economic side and the specific structure. By orienting the fibers in the installation of shower walls, the flexibility and elasticity can be maintained to ensure the right wall thickness. That’s why so many people like the FRP panels as a shower walls texture.
Because of the high demand, FRP panels for shower walls are the first choice because of the aforementioned advantages. They also arise because with the times in the information and technology. Therefore, you need to know how to install it. Here are the steps.
- Preparing the materials and tools, such as putty knife, laminate roller, notched trowel, frp adhesive, hacksaw, level and tape measure, sandpaper, molding, silicon sealant, and joint compound.
- Measuring the shower walls area to be installed with FRP panels.
- Cutting the panels using hacksaw.
- Attaching the adhesive to the back of the panel using a notched trowel.
- Overlaying the adhesive using the cross-dash.
- Holding down the panels onto the shower walls and scroll them with a laminate roller to soften the panels to the walls.
- Attaching the molding along the top of the panel to make it look clean.
- Attaching silicon sealant to the coating when installing panels to the shower walls.
In general, the treatment of FRP panels does not require a lot of cost, and it is easy. You can also find the materials that are easily available in the market. You are also expected to sort and select quality materials in shops or factories. The fear of imitation materials from the panels can be the issue. Most importantly, it is important to understand the advantages of FRP panels for shower walls and the installation which are effective, strong and durable.