If you have a sweet tooth, then you definitely must try this legendary dessert recipe from one of the famous Mexican Restaurants, Chi Chi’s corn cake recipe. In chi chi’s corn cake nutritional information, the amount of calories of the dish per serving is more or less 150, with total fat around 15%. If you worried about your diet, then consume this dessert just fine.
- 1 ½ frozen corn
- 2 tbsp. of heavy cream
- ½ cup of butter
- ½ tsp. of baking powder
- ⅓ cup of masa harina, Mexican corn flour
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of cornmeal
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- ¼ cup of water
- Prepare a bowl and beat the butter in it by using electric hand mixer until the butter turns creamy.
- Add Mexican corn flour as well as water into the bowl and mix them well.
- Chop the corn by using either blender or food processor in a moderately slow speed. Do not overdo the blend; just enough for the pieces of corn to be visible in the blend.
- Mix the chopped corn and cornmeal into the creamy butter well.
- Prepare another bowl to mix sugar, heavy cream, baking powder, and salt until they blended well.
- Put the mixture with previous one and stir them thoroughly.
- Pour the final corn cake mixture into a 9×9 sized baking pan and cover them with foil.
- Place the baking dish of corn cake mixture on top of a bigger glass baking pan which was filled with hot water up to ⅓ of it.
- Bake them inside preheated 175 degrees C of oven until it is cooked well. The approximate time is 50 to 60 minutes.
- Take the baking pan out of the oven and separate baking pan of corn cake from the other baking pan.
- Set it aside for about 10 minutes or until it cool enough.
- Enjoy your corn cake with family.
For a more varied flavor, you can have your own chi chi’s sweet corn cake mix gluten free by adding either avocado or smashed strawberries to Chi Chi’s corn cake recipe.
One thing you should remember though, when you try this Chi Chi’s corn cake recipe once, you will keep coming back for it.