Chicken gizzards and hearts recipes are perfect for those who crave for something rich and exotic in flavor. The recipes are also recommended for meat lovers. There is so many variations of this recipe and for your convenience, so let’s begin with the most basic form of this recipe.
Actually, chicken gizzards and hearts recipes are the varieties on stewed chicken gizzards recipe. The key ingredients are, of course, chicken hearts and gizzards; hence you should be careful in buying these two things. It is because usually the taste of frozen meat is not as savory as the fresh one. The cold temperature of refrigerator has a big role in this case. Therefore, make sure that you buy the fresh gizzards and hearts, not the frozen ones.
- 8 can of one ounces tomato sauce
- 8 sliced of Serrano chilies
- 6 sliced of Roma tomatoes
- 2 pounds of chicken hearts, chopped in small size
- 2 pounds of chicken gizzards, chopped in small size
- A handful of cilantro
- A large onion, cut in half equally
- ¼ cup of oil
- Salt (suit yourself)
- Prepare a bowl filled with adequate water on top of a stove.
- Boil the chicken hearts and gizzards up to 20 minutes or until they become tender.
- Set them aside until the water drained.
- Chop the chicken heart and gizzards into small bite-size pieces.
- Fry them to crisp in a large pan with ¼ cup of oil.
- Mix them with the rest of ingredients in a low heat for about 8 minutes.
- Enjoy them with a glass of juice.
In addition, for a heavier variant, check on how to cook chicken gizzards and gravy. You can try it later, after you fully grasp the basic chicken gizzards and hearts recipes.